Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Off to Africa

In just two short weeks, I am off to Africa for the second time in my life. Before beginning the volunteer program in Uganda, I'll be traveling with a former co-worker, Phil Auerbach, who has some time off before he moves on from Novantas to McKinsey. We'll be starting in Johannesburg, South Africa before heading on an overland tour through the Panorama Route to Kruger National Park (South Africa), Chobe National Park (Botswana), and Victoria Falls (Zambia and Zimbabwe) before returning to Cape Town for a few days. After that, I am off to Zanzibar (Tanzania) and Nairobi (Kenya) for a few days each before I begin my program in Uganda. Very exciting stuff!

As a side note, some people have brought up potential safety concerns surrounding the anti-Indian violence in Uganda last month that resulted in the death of one Indian and stoning of many others, but I am comfortable that this was an isolated event and have been assured by FSD and other people from the region that I should be safe. So no worries -- I will be careful but don't anticipate many problems!

2 comments:

Johnny Murnane said...

Dude - you're going to have a great time. Great industry to be working in and what an opportunity to see a unique corner of the world. Hope I get to visit!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude - keep us updated when you get the chance! Good luck and hope you have cool photos to flickr.